Just kidding! Remember when I wrote down 15 goals I had for myself this year? I wanted to catch up with you guys to see where I’m at. More importantly where are YOU at? Did you make yourself any personal goals last year? Did you ditch them two weeks in, or are you still killin’ it and really making some positive changes?
1. Read at least 2 chapters of a book every week.
Ok. So this started off pretty promising, I DID read a ton of books at the beginning of the year. I’ve been pretty awful lately. Mostly due to marathoning a bunch of shows on Netflix. Or writing a buncha new articles for xovain, so at least I’ve been semi productive, amirite?
2. Write thank you cards to those that help me.
Shit, guys. I mean,I’m pretty good for emailing back quickly but most of the people who help me aren’t even in this country. I really should just hunker down and write a bunch of these out though. Random thank you cards aren’t weird, right?
3. Research careers I think I’d like to explore.
I went on a book buying SPREE about everything, advertising, typography, marketing.. hell, I even bought a book on writing! Turns out though, my heart is being hands on and creative, so I think I’m on the right track. I know I love film and production, and I’ve been working on creating a reel to really get myself out there. While I’m on it, I discovered this rad app called Meetup and am already planning on attending some badass looking networking events!
4. Create a SMART goal based on this career research.
Ehh.. Sort of slacking on this one. I mean, there are A LOT of things involved in the process right now. A ton of hurdles. But at least now I have a more clear idea of where I’m going, and more importantly where I don’t want to be. I’m not moving as fast as I’d like, but I’m moving, dammit.
5. Pay off at least 60% of my debt by the end of the year.
Guys I really have no damn clue if I’m even close to this but I CAN tell you that I’ve been paying all my bills on time so I’m at least doing something. Yes, that includes all my loan payments. Hollaaaaa
6. Write an article a week for this blog, even if it’s simple and short!
Does an article a week in general count? Because I’ve been steppin’ up my game at xo.
7. Buy new glasses and actually wear them.
Uhh.. working on this one. Broke AF means I need a new prescription let alone a new pair of frames.
8. Go to the gym at least twice a week.
Yeah, I have not been doing this one. At. All.
9. Buy new cozy pillows and sheets.
I bought a couch? See #7.
10. Get a new tattoo.
SWEET BABY JEEBUS I NEED TO DO THIS. Real talk. I’m going crazy over here.
11. Work on some side projects with creative people that inspire me.
YES. I’ve been doing this. More planning than doing, but shit guys, it’s happening.
12. Go on a vacation somewhere warm.
I get to go to LA in October for a conference about video marketing! BETTER THAN A VACATION IF YOU ASK ME.
13. Subscribe to magazines that help me grow into who I want to be (I’m talking Advertising Age, Adweek, Inc, Fast Company).
Yeah gurl, I did it. Also Max gave me a subscription to Next Issue for a year so you better believe I have been reading so many more things on that! SUP NEW YORKER.
14. Pack my lunch everyday (and something healthy) for work.
LOL. No. I’m lucky if I even have groceries.
15. Opt for tea more than coffee, sans sugars.
I was going good for a while there. I really need to buy a milk steamer for the office so I can have my damn almond milk matcha lattes.
So how are you doing? LEMME KNOW!